Dear Clients, I hope this message finds you all safe and healthy during this time of social distancing to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus. This pandemic affects everyone. For those of you looking for Dog Training and Behavior Counseling, I am writing to assure you that I would like to be there for you in any way I can. Until the days come that we are able to meet in person I am offering Live, virtual, sessions via Webex, Zoom, and Facetime. Existing clients can contact me via email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a session. New clients can fill out a questionnaire for Private Consultations or the Puppy/Adult Manners Course.
The Mission of Animal Manners is to train dogs and their People through Positive Reinforcement Methods, Respect and Trust. Animal Manners would like the opportunity to help you train your dog, teach you to understand your dog’s behavior and build a relationship based on cooperation and trust.
- Training with Positive Reinforcement methods is effective and fun for you and your dog.
- Your dog learns useful vocabulary.
- It builds a foundation for solving future behavior problems.
- Your dog learns to respect and trust you as a leader and a friend.
- It builds communication and understanding between you and your dog.
- It helps your dog become predictable and more confident.
- You will want to take your well-behaved dog with you to more places.
- Positive Reinforcement teaching deepens the bond between you and your dog. The result is a more confident and predictable dog.
To assure you and your dog the best results, look for:
- Membership in a national professional organization, such as the Association of Pet Dog Trainers (APDT);
- Certification by a nationally-recognized organization, such as the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers (CCPDT);
- Adherence to a strict Code of Ethics CCPDT and Training and Behavior Practices Policy
- A phone conversation or meeting with the prospective trainer
- Read the American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior’s AVSAB how to choose a trainer
The In-Home Training Programs bring Karen to your home to instruct you how to teach your pet. In-home training allows pets and their people to get the individual attention necessary to learn at a rapid pace. Training is available as a 6-week Puppy Manners or Adult Manners course.
Private Consultation Packages are also available to cover any specific needs you and your dog may have that are not included as part of a Foundation level course.
All travel is limited to the Portsmouth, NH, area (within a 30-minute driving radius).